Saturday, April 28, 2007

lucky day

I woke up at 5:30 this morning. What a way to start the day than to exercise. I picked up and bike and pedaled south to Cabuyao. As I was traversing the National Road, I saw a number of people lining up on what seems to be an employment agency. It was only 6:15 and I find it quite unusual that 50 to 60 people are waiting in line to find a job. Is unemployment really that bad? I haven't traveled far when I saw another group of people lining up in another manpower agency. This got me thinking. I quickly stopped and offered a little prayer:


"Lord God, Praise Your Name. Thank Youvery much for giving me something that I frequently take for granted, a job. Thank You for not letting me go through the pain of waking up early and falling in line looking for a job that will provide me with sustenance. Bless these people, Your children, and give them the strength and the wisdom to go through the trials they are now facing. Please give them what they want. And once they do find a job, I pray that they remember You and praise You for what you have given them. In the most precious name of Jesus. I pray, amen."

No comments: