Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I am Lucky

This morning, I happen to read a depressing article from yahoo. Before reading this, I am one of the people who constantly rant about not getting enough money to buy things that are wanted. I complain daily, sometimes silently, a lot of times loudly about how "low" my salary is. But I always forget that I eat 3 square meals and 2 or 3 snacks during the course of a typical day. After reading this article from yahoo
I stopped and thought, I am very lucky compared to those living in Haiti.
Dear Lord God, thank you very much for giving me 3 meals a day.



(The hand of a woman is covered in mud as she makes mud cookies on the roof of Fort Dimanche, once a prison, in Port-au-Prince, Friday, Nov. 30, 2007. Rising prices and food shortages threaten the nation's fragile stability, and the mud cookies, made of dirt, salt and vegetable shortening, are one of very few options the poorest people have to stave off hunger.(AP Photo/Ariana Cubillos)

No comments: