Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Carbon Foot Print for 2011

The year 2011 is drawing to a close, with only half a day left until 2012. How did I do this 2011 in terms of environmental impact? One way of measuring this impact is by determining your carbon footprint. "A carbon footprint is a measure of the impact our activities have on the environment, and in particular climate change. It relates to the amount of greenhouse gases produced in our day-to-day lives through burning fossil fuels for electricity, heating and transportation etc.
The carbon footprint is a measurement of all greenhouse gases we individually produce and has units of tonnes (or kg) of carbon dioxide equivalent." (from carbonfootprint.com)
Measuring your carbon footprint is relatively easy using earthlab.com's carbon footprint calculator.
I took the test and got the results:
My Carbon Foot Print score is 206. Philippine Average is 344. The lower the score the better. This is the result of lifestyle changes I made the past year. I live a simple life. I commute every day using public transport. I rarely drive the car. Bicycling has become a habit and has virtually replaced going around town using the car. There are many things that can still be done to lessen the impact to the environment. Let us commit to saving Planet Earth in 2012 and beyond. Happy New Year to All.

2 comments:

Dins said...

Mine's 273! Yahoo!

Gerald Jerico Velayo said...

That's score one for Mother Earth, help spread the word sis :)