Sunday, January 8, 2012

Silang Trails

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That's a part of it.
So said actor Denzel Washington in one of his countless interviews.
Mud is part of mountain biking, if you are into this sport, you've got to deal with mud during your trips. You must realize that a good part of MTBiking is trail riding. Silang Cavite offers just the right mix of trail and road for the MTB enthusiast. I am fortunate because I live in Bi├▒an, the Silang trails offer me the choice if I want to get my MTB high.
I am into my 2nd year of MTBiking after 4 years of hiatus when my Schwinn was stolen in 2007. Even back then, I didn't have much chance to explore the backroads of Silang. Fortunately, I got to ride with friends and acquaintances to tag along and explore the MTB heaven.
With friends from PLDT on circus trail.
Photo op on Coffee Trail
Holy Trail
At Aling Pina's Eatery. This place is very popular among the MTBiking Community. The owner, Aling Pina's rubs eblows with GMA and ABS-CBN stars who are MTB enthusiasts.
My good friend Rodney is in hog heaven
Map of the place we explored that day
Silang Trail Waypoints
Silang, Cavite is one of my favorite MTB destination because of its proximity to my home. It offers a very good mix of road and trail adventures that will surely cater to all biking disciplines. I haven't fully explored the area well, I believe there are lots of places that begs to be explored. If you are into MTbiking and would like to sample Silang Trails, just send me a message and I'll be glad to show you the way. Happy MTBiking folks!

2 comments:

Elmar Dioyo said...

kuya gerald actually ngayon lang ako napapahilig sa pagbas bike

Gerald Jerico Velayo said...

never too late sabi nga. saan ka ba madalas magbike?