Friday, February 17, 2012

Dreamy Ride - Brgy Carmen, Silang, Cavite

Call me crazy, call me anything. I love this sport so much that I always find time to get out and ride. I took time off from work to register the car at LTO. I was anxious to get it done fast so I can head off to my favorite playground. God must have heard my prayer today that I was able to finish my task at 10am. The weather is unpredictable, patches of clouds cover south and west of Binan. I waited for the sun set a little lower in the horizon. at 3:45, I headed out to Brgy Carmen. I took pictures along the way, thinking that in a few years, the landscape will be forever altered, overtaken by "progress". What I saw today, maybe gone tomorrow. My photographs a mute testament of how beautiful is the back country.
Clouds cover Palace in the Sky
Bahay Kubo - Resthouse along Bgy Carmen
I am wondering when all of this will be gone, victim of progress
I hope and pray that my grandchildren can still enjoy tomorrow, what I see today.
Majestic Mt. Makiling - covered in clouds.
Time flies, when I'm having fun
Bike Stats:
Date and time: 2/17/2012 3:51 PM
Created by My Tracks on Android.
Total distance: 39.89 km (24.8 mi)
Total time: 2:54:00
Moving time: 2:33:03
Average speed: 13.76 km/h (8.5 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 15.64 km/h (9.7 mi/h)
Max speed: 41.40 km/h (25.7 mi/h)
Min elevation: 43 m (142 ft)
Max elevation: 362 m (1189 ft)
Elevation gain: 634 m (2078 ft)
Max grade: 11 %
Min grade: -9 %
Recorded: 2/17/2012 3:51 PM
Activity type: - Mountain biking
Chronicles of the Voyager

3 comments:

Lynx said...

Yup, nothing like the great outdoors :). I'm lucky that the place I'm living in Malaysia is near a forest which gives me an idea sir. I'll also take some photos to share on my blog.

Gerald Jerico Velayo said...

Take pictures, smell the air, feel the bark of trees and the blades of grass while you still can. Nature is full of wonders for us to enjoy :)

Lynx said...

Love the way you say it :)