Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bike Tech: Topeak Pocket Shock DXG Pump


I bought this pump a year ago because I do not want the hassle of going to my local bike shop just to have my air fork checked for correct air pressure. The pump's way of isolating its hose from the fork's valve ensures no leakage of air.

Here is my review:


1. Price - this pump sells for PhP1800 at Bike Plus.

2. Performance - the pump includes an instruction sheet that makes operation easy. The pump has an isolation valve that prevents air from escaping the fork's air cartridge during operation. The dial on the pump has dual scales to indicate pressure in PSI or kg/sqcm. The air hose swivels and is sturdy for continuous use.

3. Appearance - As pictured, the pump sports an easy to read dial. It also has rubber handle that doubles as a catch for the air hose. I like the overall "pro" look of this tool, a great addition to my bike tool box.

No comments: