Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cool Afternoon Ride

Waiting for the internet repairman is like waiting for the rain to come during the dry season. Instead of blowing my top off, I decided to be cool and head out to Tagaytay for a much needed break. The day before, I went to SM MOA for a bike ride, the pollution was terrible. The only cure to flush out the particles from my lungs is to go to the mountains and breathe 'fresher' air. The last time I visited the place was in December of last year. Three months should be enough to miss the place and its cool air. I was never disappointed. Tagaytay is a few degrees cooler and windier than in the lowlands. Instead of going up the Santa Rosa - Tagaytay road, I took the scenic route, going through my favorite climbing spot - cardiac hill. Cool air, majestic view, and less pollution, Tagaytay is one good place to spend a quiet afternoon. Go ahead, visit Tagaytay. It's just a bike ride away :)
Climbing up Cardiac hill pumps up your heart

The weather is nice up here
Stopping for a while to rest
Sunlight filters through trees, casting nice shadows
Somewhere in Bucal, Silang, Cavite
Reaching Tagaytay City late in the afternoon

The 26" wheel seems small. Time to upgrade to a niner!

cool weather
Bike Stats:
Binan to Tagaytay via Silang, Cavite
03/18/2012 2:48 PM
Updated 2 days ago

Created by My Tracks on Android.
Total distance: 59.79 km (37.2 mi)
Total time: 4:20:41
Moving time: 4:16:33
Average speed: 13.76 km/h (8.6 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 13.98 km/h (8.7 mi/h)
Max speed: 39.13 km/h (24.3 mi/h)
Min elevation: 60 m (197 ft)
Max elevation: 644 m (2113 ft)
Elevation gain: 1016 m (3333 ft)
Max grade: 19 %
Min grade: -13 %
Recorded: 03/18/2012 2:48 PM
Activity type: - Mountain biking

No comments: