Friday, April 6, 2012

An Eco-Friendly Visita Iglesia 2012

Sta Cruz Church Plaque
This Thursday, I drove a relative to Sta Cruz Laguna, I took the opportunity to do an ECO-friendly Visita Iglesia. I disassembled my bike, stuffed in on the trunk of the car. We arrived in Sta Cruz at six in the evening. Assembled my bike and headed towards west, hugging Laguna Lake.
First stop is in Sta Cruz town proper, the Immaculate Conception Church. Built in 1608 under the supervision of the Franciscan priests, this church is one of the oldest I've seen.

The full moon, looking to the east
Westward, you could see Talim Island out
Mount Banahaw in the background, looking south
 Next stop is the church in Pila Laguna. The town of Pila is site for some well-preserved houses dating back to the Spanish period as well as the old Saint Anthony of Padua Parish Church, the first Antonine church in the Philippines.
San Antonio de Padua Church in Pila
Victoria, Laguna is another town that I tried to visit. I veered right towards the Poblacion, hoping to find a church there but after travelling 4 kilometers, I found none.
Turn right to Victoria Poblacion

Third church to be visited was the old Saint Augustine Church in Bay, Laguna. Built under the supervision of Augustinian priests in 1571.
St. Augustine Church, Bay, Laguna
San Antonio de Padua Church in Los Banos, Laguna is the fourth one visited. This must be built fairly new, judging by its construction and design.
San Antonio de Padua Church
Near Pansol, Calamba, slow moving traffic made a parking lot out of the national road.
Next stop, St. John the Baptist Church in historic Calamba City, the birthplace of National Hero Jose Rizal. it was said that it was in this church that Rizal was baptized.
St John the Baptist Church, Calamba City
I took a break, having on the road for more than 3 hours. I stopped at a Lugawan in Checkpoint. I ordered lugaw and soda to give me energy.
Lugaw with siomai
Saint Polycarp Parish Church in Cabuyao, Laguna was the next stop, it is said that Father Mariano Gomez, one of the GOMBURZA martyrs, became parish priest of St. Polycarp.
St. Polycarp Parish in Cabuyao, Laguna
Sixth church to be visited was the Santa Rosa de Lima Parish in Santa Rosa, Laguna. This church was built in 1792 under the supervision of Fr. Francisco Favie
Santa Rosa de Lima Parish in Sta Rosa Laguna
The seventh church to be visited was San Vicente Ferrer Parish church in Binan.
San Vicente Ferrer Church, Binan
Seven Churches, Seven Towns around Laguna Lake. This is one memorable Visita Iglesia ever done by me in recent history.

One more church before I park my bike: The Blessed Sacrament Church
Blessed Sacrament Parish Church, South City Homes Binan
Have a blessed Holy Week.

Bike Stats:
Follow my tracks.

04/05/2012 6:07 PM

Created by My Tracks on Android.
Total distance: 71.97 km (44.7 mi)
Total time: 5:03:08
Moving time: 4:33:53
Average speed: 14.25 km/h (8.9 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 15.77 km/h (9.8 mi/h)
Max speed: 34.16 km/h (21.2 mi/h)
Average pace: 4.21 min/km (6.8 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 3.81 min/km (6.1 min/mi)
Min pace: 1.76 min/km (2.8 min/mi)
Max elevation: 90 m (294 ft)
Min elevation: 46 m (151 ft)
Elevation gain: 1114 m (3655 ft)
Max grade: 12 %
Min grade: -21 %
Recorded: 04/05/2012 6:07 PM
Activity type: - Mountain Biking





No comments: