Friday, November 2, 2012

All Saint's Day 2012

Holidays in the Philippines are fun, except for the heavy traffic part. Undas is no exception. That is the reason why I would rather take my bicycle and ride to my destination. It's not a quick way to go to your province but the view along the way makes up for its shortcomings.
My destination: Sta Cruz Laguna, around 55 kms from where I live.
Sta Rosa Laguna. At 7:30am, traffic is a breeze
Checkpoint at Calamba, Laguna
Banahaw the Mystical Mountain
Calauan, Laguna

Detour to PCARRD


Visiting the departed
Carnival atmosphere everywhere in Garden of Peace

Afternoon rest - in Victoria, Laguna

Afternoon - going home, Talim Island in the foreground

Heavy traffic flow near cemeteries and memorial parks


Bike Stats:

Biñan to Sta Cruz:
Distance: 59.35km
Duration: 3 hours 52 minutes
Average Speed: 15.32kph
Map My Tracks link:
http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/activity/790092

Sta Cruz to Biñan
Distance:  60.19km
Duration: 4 hours 57 minutes
Average Speed: 12.13kph
Map My Tracks link:
http://www.mapmytracks.com/explore/activity/790090







No comments: